Lesson Plan Information
Title: Using Student-Centered Comprehension Strategies with Elie Wieselís Night
Objectives: Students will:
- read and discuss a memoir.
- use reciprocal teaching strategies.
- work collaboratively to explore and discuss readings.
- present and discuss information orally.
Grade Level: 9-12
Subject: Literature / Language
Materials: Class set of the memoir Night by Elie Wiesel.
- Reciprocal Teaching Guidelines,
- Discussion Question Guidelines for Night
- Reciprocal Teaching Notes
- Self-Reflection: Taking Part in a Group (PDF)
Time Needed: three 50-minute class periods or more
Provided by: ReadWriteThink
For more free literature lesson plans click here